We’re looking for teachers who
- are respectful and sensitive to cultural differences
- have a positive and optimistic attitude
- are good listeners, patient and willing to help
- value the freedom and flexibility that working from home allows
- are highly professional and have high standards of ethics
- enjoy working with people and learning from others
- feel comfortable giving and receiving constructive criticism
- have a good working knowledge of English grammar and a strong vocabulary
- love what they do!
All of our students are from China and aged 5-15 with various levels of English ability. Our kids are very hard working and dedicated to their studies. They’re also a ton of fun! We’re sure you’ll share more than a few laughs with these wonderful kids.
Q: Do I need prior teaching experience?
We require a minimum weekly commitment of 5 hours. You may teach as many hours as you’d like as long as it doesn’t affect the quality of your lessons. We’ll start you off slow and build up your hours as you become comfortable with our materials and style of lessons.
Q: Do I need give trial lessons?
Yes, before a student signs up for your formal lessons you will provide a trial lesson for him or her. Trial lessons are 30 minutes in length and give you a chance to showcase your approach as well as get an idea of the students’ ability.
Q: Are trial lessons paid?
While we do not require our teachers to submit lesson plans to administration, we expect our teachers to be well prepared for each and every lesson.
Q: Will I need to create homework, tests, and give regular feedback to students?
Yes, our teachers are expected to create regular homework and tests unique to each student’s needs. Formal written feedback is also given from teacher to student on a regular basis.
Q: How are teachers evaluated?
We have a close relationship with our clients. The parents of your students, and the students themselves, will regularly provide us with feedback. We also conduct random observations and reviews to provide you with personal feedback and ensure you’re on the right track.
Q: Will I need to sign a contract? What’s the minimum length?
We pay our teachers on the 10th of every month for the previous month’s work via Paypal. And we cover your Paypal fees!